Drive your school counseling program to the next level. Show your administrators, school board and the community at large that you're committed to delivering a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program. Apply for the Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP) designation from the American School Counselor Association.
- Is based on the ASCA National Model.
- Is a recognition program for individual schools, not districts or school counselors.
- Gives you the confidence that your program aligns with a nationally accepted and recognized model.
- Helps you evaluate your program and areas for improvement.
- Increases your skills and knowledge.
- Enhances your program's efforts to contribute to student success.
- An engraved plaque, suitable for display on your office wall or in the school's trophy case.
- Communication sent to your school board, principal and superintendent informing them of your exemplary school counseling program.
- Template press release for you to individualize and send to local press.
- Use of RAMP logo for your business cards, letterhead, Web site or printed materials
- Recognition at ASCA's annual conference.
- Two tickets to the RAMP awards celebration at ASCA's annual conference.
- Recognition in ASCA School Counselor magazine and on the ASCA National Model Web site.
If your program successfully answers the question, "How are students different because of what school counselors do?" then you're ready to show the world that your program is "ramped up." Apply for the RAMP designation today.
- All applications must uploaded to the online application site by 5 p.m. (Pacific) on Oct. 15.
- No late applications will be accepted or reviewed.
- Applications are reviewed for eligibility prior to the scoring process.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed, and no refunds will be given.
- The RAMP Review Committee is an independent panel composed of school counseling professionals. Decisions by the reviewers are final.
- All applicants will receive notification via e-mail by late January.
- The application fee is $200 ($400 for nonmembers). At least one school counselor at the school must be an ASCA member to receive the member rate.
- The RAMP designation is valid for three years. At the end of three years, schools may apply again to continue to be designated a RAMP school but the renewal process should begin after the second year.
The RAMP application process should be the culmination of the implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program. Once your school has a program in place, you will need at least one entire academic year to collect the data and information needed to fulfill the RAMP application requirements.